Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Lexi

Dear Lexi,

I am so proud of you this year for deciding to be baptized. You are a very strong girl, and love to learn about the gospel. You are a very special part of our family. Mom learned a great and valuable lesson while I was pregnant with you. You were the only child in our family, who came to the Earth without any help. (medical technology that is) You were ready to come down and join Jordan in our family when he was 2 years old.
On the day of your ultrasound, we heard some devastating news. Our little girl had some anomalies which included a hole in her heart, cysts on her brain, and mis-shaped thumbs, and kidney. All of the signs together pointed the physician to a rare genetic condition called trisomy 18.
I had to go back to work that day, and was crying most of the day. Dr. Freestone pulled me into a room after we had seen all of our patients that day, and talked with me about the possibility of your condition. He was amazing. I think he really saved my life that day as he talked to me, and we discussed all of the potential outcomes for you. He felt really good about the situation though, and brought me some peace.
It was then, I knew I needed a blessing. Dad, and grandpa gave me an incredible blessing, that brought me some comfort. I wish I would have had more faith at the time, but I still was very worried about you.
I knew the minute you came to Earth crying that you were perfect! You are a miracle to us, and taught me so much about faith, prayer, and the amazing power of the priesthood. I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for that difficult time, because it brought me so much closer to Him and our Savior.
You are a very active little girl, and love to be with your friends. You like to sing and dance, and even play with your little sister, Ava. I love you Lexi. Love, Mom

1 comment:

Nickie said...

What an amazing story of faith and love. You are an amazing family. I'm so glad I know you all.