Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Baptism Dress

Lexi, love her to pieces, has a very difficult time picking out clothing. If it is the least bit "itchy" she will not wear it. As the time approached to pick out her baptism dress, we starting looking at stores. Every white "baptism" dress was WAY too formal, and had MANY itchy attributes. From the lace, to the netting under the skirt, there was no way she was wearing any of them...even for just an hour!
It had been a few years since I had sewn anything other than curtains, but my mom did teach me how to sew, and at one point in my life, I could sew anything. Jackets, skirts, dresses, shirts, and household items.

We went together and picked out the fabric that wasn't "itchy". She also picked out the pattern, which I thought was very casual. But...her, totally her. When the completed project was finished, I was in love. It was simple, yet elegant. I think she, (and I ) did a great job, and she looked absolutely beautiful!

We went to the local park and took these pictures. My baby girl is all grown up!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is amazing candice! i love it!

Chubz said...

You are sooo talented and such a cute mommy! I miss sitting in that dingy DOTS office laughing all day...thanks for being a part of my happy memory bank! That second pic down is gorgeous!
Love you!