Thursday, January 8, 2009

A definate maybe...

So, better late than never, I am thinking of my new years resolutions...I hate them. I always put lose weight at the top of the list, and never do anything about it. This year, I have come to the conclusion to keep that one off the list. I am only putting down one thing that will hopefully make me a better person. I decided that at the end of each day before I go to bed, I would think of at least one thing to be grateful for that day. At least one way that I was blessed that day. Sounds easy right? We'll see. I got this idea after opening my journal (another resolution from the past that never comes true) and looking at a conference talk that I had photo copied and put inside. It was from Henry B. Eyring in 2007, titled "O Remember, Remember". At the time I first read it, I decided to listen to his counsel and find ways each day to recognize the kindness of God and remember it. So...I will try to be more grateful each day by recognizing great things that happened that day, instead of all of the trouble my kids are in, or cause. Hey, it may even help me to be a better wife and mother. Here's to noticing all of the great...I'll keep you posted:)

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Yeah Candice! Way to inspire all of us to do a better job of being grateful. :)