Friday, January 9, 2009

The "Accident"


So last night while I was at work I was trying to think of something that day to be grateful for. I remembered an incident that occured earlier in the afternoon. It was 1:00pm, and I had just put Ava down for a nap. The phone rang, and the caller ID showed public schools. When I answered the conversation went something like this:
"Mom, it's Lexi. While I was at recess I had an accident."
"Ok, I'll be right there. I just put Ava down for a nap, but I will hurry..are you ok?"
My first thought was that she had fallen and broke something, or needed stitches somewhere, or maybe just a little scrape or something.....Then she said,
"Yeah, I am ok, but I need some new pants"
"You need new pants?"
"Yeah, I peed in my pants in the snow!"
I admit, I was frustrated at the timing, and the fact that she even did this, but tonight, while looking back, this incident is what I am grateful for. It could have been something serious, but it wasn't. It was simple. I will be grateful tonight for the soaked pants, and not the cast or stitches!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

you're becoming a regular blogger now!!! =) so proud!

brunger bunch said...

I am trying!! Schools out, and I am not quite used to been so free with my time.

Becca said...

Candice- that's awesome about Lexi. You are such a great mom to be so chill and forgiving.

Claremont First Ward said...

I love your New Years Resolution idea.

I hate seeing the schools number on my caller ID....my heart always drops a little! :)