Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas Craft 2008

As many of our friends and family are aware, we have a Christmas craft that we do every year. We complete over 100 of the pre-decided craft. This years craft was our "charlie brown" tree. I chose this craft because of the simplicity (as though I thought) there was no wood for Mike to have to cut out, and sand, and paint. Just simply putting bells on wire...yeah right!!! Turns out, we had to rust the wire with a lethal mixture of bleach and vinegar. Then, to my surprise, I looked all over on-line and could not find colored bells. We then got to spray paint barn red, pine green, mustard yellow, and a rustic orange color. Only 1000 bells, come on family, what are you complaining about. Then as my nails pulled away from my fingers and began to bleed, I would have to take a break from wrapping the wire around the bells to get them to stay on. The stars...that was another problem. They would not stay on. We tried saudering, super glue, and hot glue. The end result was a cute tree which we couldn't stand to look at, but our friends and neighbors loved and enjoyed. Next year, when we pull them out, I am sure they will look much cuter!!

7 comments:

love for seven said...

So, I have to say, I do miss your yearly Christmas craft. I love your Charlie Brown tree. This has got to be the cutest yet! I still have all the ones I was given and I put them out every year. They all hold treasured memories. I loved chatting the other day, and I am so thrilled we have the blogging world to stay in touch.

iliana said...

ok those turned out so so cute! I want to be on your list next year to get one

Steffanie said...

The tree is seriously adorable, and I love all of the Christmas fun!!

Abbie said...

Very cute!! Your the next Martha Stewart :)

Wendy said...

Love it--I have seen a ton of your projects, and this one is one of my favorites! So sorry it took a long time. I remember seeing your garage open, Mike hard at work cutting wood, and your mom visiting and spending hours creating works of art to hand out to family and friends. You are amazing--what a cute idea!

Marlene Sheppard said...

I just found your blog and I can't believe how big the kids are. Ava has grown up way to fast.I just want to tell you all that work on your chirstmas craft way worth it I just love Mine
Marlene

Janice said...

Candice, way to go those turned out so cute and your kids are adorable. Your girls are so pretty :-)