Monday, October 26, 2009

Disneyland & H1N1

I whole heartedly agree with what many of you are thinking to yourselves right now...Disneyland and H1N1 should NEVER be used in the same sentence. Total opposites. One brings the most amazing joy and happiness, and great memories, while the other brings total misery. We had both first hand. Our trip to Disneyland was in October because we had never been their during the Halloween festivities before, and really wanted to see it!

The kids were great on the drive down. We left at 6 am Sunday morning and got there at 4pm California time. We checked into the hotel, and were looking forward to our first day a Disneyland on Monday. Monday went well. We had a great time. Then on Tuesday, about noon, I started to feel really sick. I mean really sick. My whole body ached. I wasn't even sure if I was going to be able to walk back to the hotel. We made it back, had lunch, and Mike took the kids back over to the park so I could rest.

Wednesday morning I felt even worse. Fever, vomiting, cough, headache, I literally thought I was going to DIE! Mike, again, took the kids by himself to Disneyland so I could sleep all day in the hotel. That night, I told him we better go home. I wasn't getting any better, and the hotel room was driving me crazy. We told the kids...they cried, the most unpleasant, begging, pleading cry. Of course, they did not understand why we couldn't just stay. We were leaving, and missing out on 3 extra days of our vacation!

Thursday morning, the doctors confirmed the diagnosis that I was already pretty sure of...H1N1. Sucks, really sucks! Luckily, we got a few good shots on our first day!
It really was amazing during Halloween. Everything was decorated so cute!
Ava riding the fishy.


Waiting for Bugs Life to begin...this was one of the days I was in bed...take note at the uncombed hair!


Waiting for Toy Story..again, mommy is in bed, and our hair did not get combed!


One of the mornings the kids went to Monsters Inc. first thing. They had all of the kids line up for a "Scream Contest". Jordan won!! He was awarded this certificate that he could use all day on that ride, to go to the front of the line!





Here Jordan is signing the certificate he won at Monsters Inc.




Candy Corn Acres in California Adventure.






The "Celebrate" parade on main street.




Jordan on Splash Mountain





While we were riding Pirates of the Caribean, Mike took Ava over to talk to some Disneyland employees at a keosk. She gave Ava this pin that said, "Honorary citizen of Disneyland".





The Haunted Mansion was a whole new ride. Everything had been changed for Halloween.






Swimming at the hotel.










More fall and Halloween decor!




Riding Dumbo!









Mr. Toad



Hopefully, we make it back really soon to make up for having to leave early!












Lexi and Ava waiting to go in on our first day! Hey Look, their hair is combed!!

12 comments:

Steffanie said...

I'm so sorry that awfulness ruined your vacation! That is so sad...i've been blessed with the same crapy sickness this past week too! It's been awful. I think ruining your disneyland trip makes it all worse.

Nickie said...

That just sucks Candace. I know you were looking forward to it. You need to come with us, the kids would have so much fun together. Hope your feeling better. I know it's not a fun thing.

Melissa said...

What a total bummer!!! I'm so sorry! I hope you're feeling better now!

Wendy said...

OH NO! Candice that is horrible! I cannot believe the bad luck--it would have been bad enough getting sick with swine flu while at home, but why did it have to wait until CA? So sorry to hear about you having to miss out on some family fun. I think it's great Mike braved Disneyland with the kids by himself and allowed you to rest. It must have been so much worse being stuck in the hotel room feeling awful rather than your own bed, and it must have been the longest drive home feeling that miserable. I am soooo super sorry friend! I hope you're doing better and hoping your family is staying healthy! Miss you!

Abbie said...

Candice that is terrible!!! What a horrible way to have to spend a vacation. Did Mike or any of your kids get it after you did?

Claremont First Ward said...

That sucks SO badly that you got SO sick. I can't imagine being on vacation and that happening. The weather was so nice that week, too. To be confined in the hotel room......yikes. Glad you got a good full day in though. It was great to see you for a few minutes! :)

iliana said...

That totally sucks! Im sorry, I hope your doing better now!!

Valerie said...

you poor thing!!! how horrible!!! what a way to spend a disney vacation! at least you got to go one day & at least your husband was nice enough to take your kids while you got some rest! i hope you're feeling better!

The Grover Gang said...

THAT TOTALLY SUCKS! I WISH I COULD HAVE BEEN THEIR TO HELP OUT! NEXT TIME WILL BE MUCH BETTER, YOU WILL HAVE THE GROVER GANG WITH YA!

Becca said...

CANDICE_
I am so sorry to hear that!! That is AWFUL- and what's worse is you probably got it from work! Did anyone else fall sick?? I hope not. I was working at OREM today and totally thought of you- but remembered you aren't there tuesdays.

Regina Lara said...

GET BETTER!

Shari said...

What a bummer to have gotten sick! Glad you got one day in. Did the flu just stick with you or did you end up passing it through the family?