Sunday, October 4, 2009

General Conference



I love and look forward to each general conference. I love the message, and being together with my family. Every year, I have some sort of project to work on as I watch General Conference. (it must be the ADD or multi-tasking side of me) This year, a friend of mine asked me to donate baby headbands for a boutique. The money earned will benefit Mothers without Borders. She has been going to Africa to help women and children there. Of course, during conference seemed like a perfect time!
As I was sitting on my family room floor putting the bows together, President Monsen was talking about his past birthday and all of the gifts he had received from all over the world. He stated that the best gift he could ever receive is kind acts of service that we do for one another. WOW, I thought, I am giving a great gift right now, as I burned my finger tips with the hot glue gun for the 20th time....it didn't seem to hurt as bad after I heard his powerful talk on serving and loving one another.

...and the ones in the front are for the BYU fanatics!!



4 comments:

Abbie said...

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me!! You are wonderful what a great thing to donate and an awesome service opportunity :) Miss you!!

Nickie said...

They turned out so cute - not that I'm surprised at all. Thanks for being such a good example, neighbor and friend. I LOVE my pumpkins!! You are the best!!!

Unknown said...

these are SO cute candice. also, i am a little disappointed with your children for nto picking me.. hahah just kidding.. i will just keep looking back over the next few weeks to see what otehr suprises you have in store!

Wendy said...

You talented, talented woman. Beautiful bows--and for such a great cause. You are one in a million and such an inspiration. Just love ya!