Friday, November 13, 2009

Mommy Time!

Have you ever had a moment where things will happen throughout the day, and you wonder if someone is trying to tell you something?...well, it happened to me yesterday.
I am cleaning the house while the kids are at school, and had just finished the kitchen. I was headed to the bathrooms when a little 2 year old stopped me and said,
"Mom, will you play with me?"
Of course I had 3 bathrooms left, and the dusting and the floors, BUT, I decided a few minutes wouldn't kill me. We sat and played little people, and colored, and what started to be a few minutes turned into 2 1/2 hours!
After "play time" I continued with my chores for the day, and while dusting came across a quote I have had for a few years:
" One Hundred years from now it will not matter
what kind of car I drove,
what kind of house I lived in,
how much money was in my bank account,
nor what my clothes looked like.
But, the world may be a better place because
I was important in the life of a child."
After that moment it clicked...just as I was entering my 7 year old daughters room, the door shut, with a note reading, "Please Knock".
In the blink of an eye, my little two year old will not be asking mommy to "play" anymore. Her bedroom door will reveal an independent girl asking for privacy. Take advantage of every opportunity to enjoy every minute of every day! I will.

8 comments:

Abbie said...

Love this Candice!!

Nickie said...

Cute little Ava. I have those moments too: when you are so tired but they beg for a playmate & how do you refuse. It's a good reminder! We had one the other day that I am going to post soon.

Janice said...

Perfect, we all need a little reminder.

Steffanie said...

You are so inspiring! I love the quote. I will also take advantage of every moment and not get frustrated when I have homework to do but Kenidee wants to play!

Daskams said...

That is so true, we miss you girl!!!

Wendy said...

Great, great reminder. Thanks, friend. Brought a tear to my eye thinking that I probably will miss the little toddlers hanging on my legs one day. Thanks for your neat message. I'm thinking of you! :)

The Grover Gang said...

It is always nice to be reminded of the simple things we take for Granted!

Claremont First Ward said...

I think about this all the time.......how I let opportunities to play with my children slip by b/c I'm busy doing something else......and then I notice them growing up and I have to remind myself how precious this time is. How wonderful that you took the time to play with her!