Monday, April 6, 2009

Friday's Food for Thought


Alright, so I know its not really Friday....but I was so busy last Friday that I forgot to post this fabulous recipe. Plus, it gave me the idea for my new Friday post. I love to cook, and try new recipes, so on Friday's, I will post something new and fun I have found!!

Fried Ice Cream:

1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream - take out of freezer to soften while topping is baking.
1 cube of butter-melted
In a separate bowl:
2/3 c. brown sugar
1 1/3 c. coconut
1/3 c. pecans
Pour melted butter over and stir.
Then add:
2 1/2 c. rice krispies
Spread out on cookie sheet and bake on 300 for 21 minutes. Stir/turn every 7 minutes to brown topping on all sides! Divide in half and place half on the bottom of a 9 X 13 pan. Slice ice cream and spread evenly over crust. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 of mixture on top. Freeze overnight.
Cut into squares, and top with chocolate or caramel ice cream topping.

If you like fried ice cream, you'll love this. It is very easy, and can be made ahead of time.

This Friday I will be posting a recipe that is similar to Bajio's sweet rice. If you like their rice come back and check it out!

4 comments:

Nickie said...

That sounds so good right now. Thanks for the recipe.

Jade said...

I love recipes so im glad you are posting them! this was so yummy!! thanks for sharing!

Janice said...

I pretty much am addicted to this now, I made it again yesterday, pretty sure it's responsible for 5 of my pounds :-)

Melissa said...

Yum, it sounds so good I'm afraid to try it! :)