Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday's Food for Thought


I am wondering while I titled this post "Food for thought." Then it came to me, that food helps me to think, it also helps me to clean, be outside, read a book...you get my drift, I LOVE food! I am always trying new recipes found in magazines, and on TV cooking shows.


Last week during one of the snow storms, I was really craving the sweet rice from Bajio's. I did not want to go out, so I let my fingers do the walking. I searched on line, and read through several recipes, and chose two that seemed like they sounded the closest. This one was my favorite...Let me know what you think!


P.S...if you already have a sweet rice recipe that is more like the Bajio's rice than this recipe please share!


Sweet Rice
1 T vegetable oil
1/2 white onion
1/2 bunch of cilantro
1 1/3 c. white rice
3 c. chicken broth
1/4-1/2 white sugar (I only added 1/4 and it seemed plenty sweet for me)


Chop onion and cilantro very fine. (I put them in my food processor). Saute onion in oil until soft. Add cilantro. Add rice and stir until light brown. Combine chicken broth and sugar, letting sugar dissolve in broth. Add to rice mixture. Bring to boil. Cover and let cook on med-low heat about 25-30 minutes until rice is done.

No comments: