Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday's Food for Thought


This recipe is my kiddos favorite after school snack. I have to agree it is one of my favorites as well. There are many other "not so good" food choices in our house as they come home and rummage through the cupboards as if they haven't eaten in a week! Very easy, and very Good!
Thanks to my friend Holly for this great recipe!

Chocolate Chip Muffins

1/2 c. butter
3/4 c brown sugar
1 egg
1 c flour
1 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
3/4 c applesauce
1 c oats
1 cup chocolate chips
Cream butter, sugar, and beat in egg. Add dry ingredients to mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Place in muffin tin, (I like to use the paper cupcake holders) and bake on 350 for 18-20 minutes.

**I like to double the recipe to make a little over 2 dozen. I freeze a dozen for later!!

2 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm definitely going to try these. Hey, your trip is coming up here quickly! So exciting.

Becca said...

Delicious- excited to try them. I am sorry we didn't get to chat more Friday...how was your last night???? That is so crazy.