Monday, April 20, 2009

Laughter

Have you ever laughed so hard that tears roll down your cheeks, your stomach aches, you make this funny snorting sound in the back of your throat, and you ALMOST pee your pants?
Well, I did. A couple of weeks ago, at work on best friend Friday. I laughed, and laughed, and laughed. And you know what? It felt SO good. It reminded me of how good it feels to really laugh hard! Great memories were made that night, and by laughing, it made me not so sad to be leaving such a great place. It made one of my last nights a lot better! Laughing can make a lot of things BETTER.

It also reminded me of a time when I was younger, and my brother and sister and I were sitting in church. My mom was next to us, and my dad was up on the stand in the bishopric. I am not sure what we even started laughing over....but we COULD NOT stop. Even knowing the heap of trouble we were going to be in when, and IF we made it home, we could not stop. It was so fun!!

I am so glad to have laughter. Today, it is one of my most grateful things in my journal. If you haven't laughed lately, and I mean REALLY laughed, you need to. You'll like it!

4 comments:

Nickie said...

I love to laugh but it seems like those really good laugh times don't come often enough. Life is too short - thanks for the reminder to laugh.

Wendy said...

Goodness, I could probably count on one hand how many times a laugh like that has happened--definately not enough! I'm glad you could laugh that night, especially since it was your last night at the old job...What a way to leave a place and job you love--with laughter! =)

Valerie said...

that night was SOOOOOO fun.....until i got sick!!!! my stomach was so sore the next day! we're really going to miss you!

Jade said...

that night was great! we miss you! how is the new job and working days and everything? we miss you so much!