Saturday, February 7, 2009

You've got to be kidding me!!!

Just when I thought that my new year's resolution was going quite well, I had a day like today. I have found it quite simple each night to think of at least one thing each day to be grateful for. To recognize a blessing in my life...tonight, I was having a very difficult time coming up with something. It started with a FULL bowl of cocoa pebbles all over the floor, a screaming mom trying to get her kids out to the bus on time, laundry to do, meetings to go to, and when I finally had time to do something I wanted to do, which was to sew a simple rectangle table runner, for my kitchen table, THIS is what occurred!

The pictures only represent the damage that occurred to the child, not all of Lexi's WHITE furniture, (bed, dresser, bookshelf, and nightstand) which I could not bear to take pictures of due to the tears and sweat which occurred trying to get the marker off. I wish to forget that memory.

As I was thinking of all of the horrible things that had happened throughout the day, the thought came into my mind of all of the countless prayers I offered to have one more child. I truly am blessed to be Ava's mother, and who knows, she may be quite the artist someday!



















8 comments:

Nickie said...

Oh my word! I had the same thing happen with Braxton - shocking. I remember scrubbing for hours and it did come out. She's so cute - how can you not just love her to pieces.

Gleave said...

Oh Candace--it is hard to deal with some things but just remember you still have HER! a year from now you will look back and see that everything was fine in the end and will be able to laugh about it!

Janice said...

Oh my gosh! I'm sorry. Thanks heaven's for the magic eraser. I had a similar event occur, black sharpie allover my kitchen cabinets and while I was scrubbing that off, the little terror was upstairs tagging my wooden railing. Someday we'll miss them being small, at least that's what every old lady keeps telling me!

Steffanie said...

Oh no! I am so sorry! That is the kind of stuff I am not looking forward to :0)

Shari said...

Oh man! I hate that. Try that magic marker stuff. I hear it works good. You can put it to the test.

Becca said...

Oh Candice! i bet you were dying. I am dying looking at the pics. She sure looks so proud of it too! Those kiddos!

Wendy said...

YIKES--Sorry, friend. I must admit--the pictures of her are pretty funny with her huge smile as she has no idea that you want to ground her for life. I'm so sorry but I love how despite the situation, you came up with how thankful you are to be her mommy!

Jade said...

wow!! looks like she keeps you busy!

about the driving... i was so bad at stick shift my fam gave up on me!! ha ha but maybe you won't