Monday, February 2, 2009

It's a Girls Night


Last monday night, Jordan and Mike had a "boys night out" and went to the Utah Flash game. Of course, I didn't want the girls to feel left out, so we had our own "girls night." I know most moms and daughters would have done pedicures, manicures, and makeovers. Not this mom. This mother know's the value and importance of children aquiring good culinary skills...so, we made a baked good that will go straight to our hips and thighs!!


Lexi picked out the recipe she wanted and completed it all herself, with minimal guidance from mom:)


Ava waiting patiently until they were finished.






She mixed all of the ingredients together, and even melted the fudge layer on the stove.














Crumbling the crust on top of the fudge layer. (above)

Spreading the fudge layer on top of the crust. (left)





Lexi, showing off her prize "Oatmeal Fudgies"






For her first time cooking in the kitchen, she did a fabulous job. They tasted even better than they look, and only one tiny piece of eggshell had to be fished out of the batter! We had a great time together, and I hope this is something she will remember. I know I will:)







10 comments:

Shari said...

That looks so good! I'm trying so hard right now to be good, but when I have the chance to eat, I think I might make that. About cards. I use to make tons, it was actually a very addicting hobbie of mine. I couldnt get through the day without making something, and I spent so much money on stamps. About 4 months ago I decided to sell a bunch of my stuff. This was the first time in four months that ive made a card. It was fun, but I really need to try not to get into so much. It's hard top explain, but I just did it too much. Kind of like eating sweets. :) That has proven to be much more difficult to quit.

Janice said...

Yummy, looks like fun. What cute girls!

Nickie said...

You are such a fun mom! They look great. I need the recipe. Thanks for all you do for us!

Abbie said...

Good Job Lexi!!

Marlene Sheppard said...

I personley can't think of a more fun girls' night out than spending time creating something fun and learning at the same time. I will have to get that recipe, it looks great. What a grown up girl.
Marlene

Valerie said...

ok........YUM!!!! those look delicious!

Steffanie said...

looks like so much fun!!

Regina Lara said...

I need the recipe...

Melissa said...

Yup, we need the recipe too. Those look so great!! And I'm impressed that she made them herself!

Jade said...

i agree you need to post this recipe! they look delicious. What a fun time with your girls