Saturday, February 14, 2009

Basketball

Jordan, taking a shot!



Jordan, # 10, doing a very fine job of trying to become open to receive a pass.
So here's the thing, I HATE basketball. I can be the happy, supportive, mom during soccer and baseball season. These sports are about skill, and practice, and doing your best to win the opposing team. However, I have recently learned that it doesn't matter how great you are at basketball..it is about the fouls!! It is a bunch of crazy boys fighting, literally, fighting over the ball. Fouling each other, nudging, tripping, shoving, whatever it takes. I thought I was a pretty patient and calm person, but let me tell you, I can SCREAM!! I get so frustrated at some of the things the ref's call on my son, but ignore it when its done TO my son!! It's like playing SOME of the rules SOME of the time...I am by nature a very consistent person. I end up with so much anxiety during the game, and when it is over, my stomach aches.
There is still 4 more weeks left in the season...any advice??

2 comments:

Steffanie said...

I have no advice, but I do agree that basketball is retarded!!

Quinn from Santaquin said...

Your best bet is to stay at home. I know you want to be supportive for your son. I go to Maddi's games and the refs are the same.