Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

I hope all of my friends and family had a great "LOVE" day, as we call it at our house. When Jordan asked why we celebrate Valentines day, we told him it was to share your love with those you love. Anyway, Mike surprised me Friday night, knowing I had to work on Valentines, and also to beat the Valentines crowd, with dinner at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants. He also bought me these pretty flowers. He knows I hate to spend 40 bucks on roses for Valentines Day, I'd rather have a pair of shoes:)

I, once again, got this crazy idea to not only frost sugar cookies for Valentine's Day, but to dip strawberries as well. I dipped them in milk chocolate, striped with white chocolate, and also dipped them in white chocolate, striped with milk chocolate.

There were over 60 sugar cookies!



And, over 100 strawberries!!


They looked so cute individually wrapped in bags with bows. A great gift idea:)




13 comments:

love for seven said...

You are making me so hungry! I have always loved your sugar cookies. I would love the recipe since I am to far away from you to recieve any, haha! I know it's mid Feb and we haven't set up a lunch date yet. We have had a crazy couple weeks with birthdays and all. What does next week look like for you? Let me know. In the meantime I'll be dreaming about your cookies!

Jade said...

wow you were busy!!! well you could have dropped some of those off at my house for love day! ha ha

Janice said...

I think one of those plates had my name on it, what happened to my treats Candice?

Valerie said...

those cookies & strawberries look sooooo yummy!!!!! they look like they belong in a store!!!

Steffanie said...

Those look so yummy!!

Shari said...

Those look so good!! I need to get all these recipes of food your posting. They all look so yummy!

Nickie said...

You are so creative and fun. We loved the treats!!gr

Claremont First Ward said...

WOw, Candice. Why don't I live nearer to you? Those strawberries and sugar cookies look divine.

I keep markers under lock and key,too. :)

Happy Valentine's day. I've enjoyed your blog so much and always love your comments on mine! Thank you!

Melissa said...

Wow!! I need to get in the Valentine's Day groove. We didn't make cookies or anything. You've inspired me!

Claremont First Ward said...

You'll hAVE TO send me your email address. We have annual passes to Disneyland, so we could totally meet you there one day during your trip..........you are welcome to stay here, too. jagelees@yahoo.com

The Blonde Duck said...

Those look really cute! Popped over to say hi!

Abbie said...

Candice... your amazing!

Debbie said...

I found your blog again. Love the Valentines goodies! I am going to add you to my Google Reader so I will know when you update. Great posts in the past month!