Monday, June 8, 2009

DiSneYlaNd 2009

Ok, so Disneyland truly is the happiest place on Earth. I am very ashamed to be posting this so late....but better late than never, right?? We had an amazing time. The kids were all good, and happy, and every day Ava took a nap in her stroller.

Jordan, Lexi and Ava in the pool at the hotel.





Of course, I am not taking a picture of myself in my bathing suit!! For that one, you had to be there~








As a tradition, you cannot go to Disneyland without getting a chocolate dipped waffle cone with sprinkles, and some of the yummiest ice cream ever. Lexi admits she's "saving some for later"



Ava and her "ice ceem"



Jordan, very much enjoying his.




Mickey Mouse




Pluto


Goofy


The new toy story ride is awesome!!! (it would be even better if you didn't have to wait so long, or even better better if it had fast passes)



Ava posing with Lightning Mcqueen while the rest of us rode "Soaring over California"



Daddy, Ava, and Mater & Lightning!



Dumbo



Goofy



Alright, notice anything odd about the expression on my face? This is right after I vomited my breakfast! For those who may not know, I am EXTREMELY claustrophobic. I have been my whole life. I like the air around me, and if I feel threatened that there may not be enough, or that too many people are near me (as in an elevator) that could steal my air, I begin to panic. No control over it, no matter how hard I try, my heart beats fast, I hyperventilate, and usually start to cry. (I still owe my 3 friends who flew with me on my first airplane an apology from when we went to Disneyland together. The plane freaked me out...and it was not pretty. Even the pilot came to my seat to try and help the situation)
We got to the finding Nemo ride on our early entrance pass, and there was only a 5 minute wait. As we approached the submarine, I started to wonder how this was going to play out. I warned my kids that mommy might not be able to ride it with them. Of course they were begging, and wondering why. As we got to the sub, I asked the worker if I could just peek down inside to see how small it was. It came, the rush of panic, and I turned around to begin climbing back up the stairs to the Earth above....then I hear kids crying and pleading, mommy please, please come with us! With a quick prayer in my heart, I turned around, sat in my very small seat, with only a very small window, and closed my eyes, to try and find a "happy place".
Despite, my fears, the ride was amazing. The technology was awesome, and the kids loved it! I was glad I could see their happy little excited faces. Even though mine looks like I am about to hurl.
Oh, and I also apologize to the other riders of the ride that had to see this grown woman panic, and almost stop breathing...so, so, sorry.




The classic Entrance Shot!




Ava rode Winnie the Pooh about 12 times (not kidding)




Ava hugging tigger with Lexi




Ava hugging Pooh with Lexi



This is HAPPY Lexi excited and waiting to go on Splash Mountain for the first time! (see video clip below to find out how the ride went)



Ava was SO good. She took a nap every afternoon, in her stroller. That was when the rest of us would ride the bigger rides that Ava couldn't go on. She was the "Perfect Angel" and I was worried about her for nothing!




Here we are waiting for "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" to begin.



Honey I shrunk the Audience...


Waiting for Buzz Light year....which happened to be a favorite for everyone!



Ava on the HORSEEEES!



It's a Small World...truly Ava's favorite. She still sings the song at home all the time!


Walking in our first day at Disneyland!

Jordan and Lexi on the balcony at our hotel.



Our arrival to Disneyland Hotel!!


Waiting for Buzz Light year...Again!



Lexi and Ava on It's a Small World


Alice in Wonderland


Lexi on the Teacups


Ava on the "cups"



Lexi on the Merry-go-round


Jordan on Merry-go-Round


I bought Ava her own pair of sunglasses, but apparently I should have bought ME a NEW pair. She would not give me mine back!


Ava, so excited to ride Snow White's Castle ride!


This was a cute photo backdrop at the Hotel with Goofy, Pluto, Minnie and Mickey



The Hotel had live fish in the ponds outside



Lexi was so excited to ride Splash Mountain this time because it was closed the last time we were in Disneyland. However, you can tell by her face, and the crying at the end, that the excitement was over when they reached the best part of the ride! We got her to go on it 3 more times, and it ended up being one of her favorites! (just not the first time)


7 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

You got some amazing shots......the family ones especially are so cute.

I didn't know you were claustrophic. I'll remember that should we be together in closed quarters.........:)

It was so fun visiting with you when you were here. We still haven't made it to Utah this summer, but still hope to. When do your kids start school?

Melissa said...

What awesome pictures!! We haven't taken our kids to Disneyland yet, and I so wish we could! It looks like you had a great time (claustrophobia excluded :) )

Debbie said...

What a fun vacation. I can tell it was a magical trip! We love Disney too and have great memories of both Disneyland and Disneyworld!

I had no idea about your claustrophobia - no fun at all!

Regina Lara said...

Orson? Remember? I miss you so much... We need to have a party! And I wish I went to the happiest place on earth with you! I think Jordan would have let me come!

Daskams said...

candice how fun!! you guys look so cute. we still miss you come visit some time!!

Steffanie said...

Oh how fun! I love all the pictures! I can't wait until we can take Kenidee.

a-jodi-hall-a-day said...

great pictures! Love disneyland. I'm so sorry about your tight spaces issue. That totally made me laugh. what a tropper. Glad you had fun.