Thursday, January 14, 2010

One of THOSE days...

I am sure we have all had many of those days when nothing seems to be going our way. The term, "When it rains..it pours" was my feelings at the end of the day.

It started off as a bad emotional week. Mike & I had just attended the graveside services for his brother's baby. We came home and continued with the day. As I went downstairs to get Jordan's clothes out for school the next day....

My sock became soaked as if I stepped in a wet sponge. Our basement, that we had just spent the last TWO years finishing ourselves, was FLOODED!!

I cannot describe my emotions at that point. I had definitely had it. I couldn't cry anymore, I couldn't be angry. I felt NUMB. What else could go wrong?

We had to rip up the new carpet in the two hallways, and in Jordan's room.

The BAD news...as if it could get any worse...we are not even sure where it came from. The guess is from the water heaters, since that room had the most water, and it appeared to go to all of the surrounding rooms, but we can't see where they leaked from.

SO....until we find out where exactly, and fix the problem, the carpet will remain pulled up, in case it decides to "rain, or pour" on us again.

I think today will be a sit in my PJ's all day, with a large diet coke, and chips and salsa day!











A HUGE thanks to my dad, and our awesome neighbor's for helping us with wet vac's, and fans! We love you!!


7 comments:

Janice said...

Oh my goodness, what a disaster! I'm sorry. Frustrating, I hope you can find the leak soon!

Steffanie said...

Oh Candice! I'm so sorry. I hope the diet coke and chips and salsa helped...

The Grover Gang said...

If you get to Frustrated you know you always have a get-a-way at your lovely sisters house!! Luv Ya!

Jade said...

oh my goodness Candice thats horrible! hopefully you find the problem soon!

Melissa said...

I'm SO SORRY! Floods are the worst!I hope you find the source soon (and it's easlily fixable!!)

Claremont First Ward said...

Oh no.

I'm sitting here in my sweats almost literally CRYING for you.

I cannot believe this happend. Is the carpet salvageable once dry?

Seriously cannot believe this.

You know how I feel about water leaks, so I particularly feel your pain.

We've had heavy rains and Jeff and I spend all day monday snaking our drain from the front yard to the street. Roots. The water came about an inch from going inside the garage.

I'm only telling you so that you know that I have bad water karma.

You must too. :)

THat was supposed to make you laugh. Hope it did.

HUGS.

Wendy said...

Oh dear friend! I am so saddened by this! I know how hard you and Mike worked on that house from the time you purchased it to present! What a mystery! Best of luck--