Monday, March 23, 2009

Attitude

So, my New Years Resolution that I thought was impossible NOT to accomplish has become harder than I imagined. For those new readers, or those who may have forgotten, I decided in January that I was tired of making New Years Resolutions that never came to be...So, I made one that was fail proof. I took it from a General Authorities conference talk. I decided that each night before I went to bed, I would think of one thing that day that made me feel that I was blessed. One thing to be grateful for. Actually recognizing the many gifts I am blessed with each day.

We are now into about our 100th day, and it is getting harder than I thought. Not that there are millions of things to be grateful for, like trees, mountains, food, clothes, home, you get the picture...I was trying to personalize it more...trying to look at each day and think of something particular that day that I was grateful for.
As I was struggling, I read my cousins blog (thanks Angie:). On that particular day, she was talking about Optimism, and how it really makes for a Happier life.

I have always been a skeptical person, not really positive, but thinking about all of the "what ifs", and all of the possible things that could "go wrong". I am so grateful for our attitude! We have control over it. We can make the outcomes in our life positive, or negative depending on the attitude we take on. Let us all be positive in our thinking and our actions, and be grateful we have the choice to do so!

6 comments:

love for seven said...

You were absolutley inspired with your post! I have been wallowing in self pitty all day. Thank you for referring to Angie's post. I needed to realize that WE made our choices, and just because they aren't panning out right now how we wanted them to, doesn't mean that they were the wrong choices. They were good choices, I just need to see them through. I also need to remember that though things seem hard, they could always be worse. Thanks for your sharing your thoughts. They have picked me up off the floor. Tomorrow WILL be better.

Steffanie said...

I agree completely! This is something that I definitely need to work on. Thanks for your inspiration Candice!

Valerie said...

i needed that........thanks candice!

Nickie said...

I totally agree and couldn't say it any better. It's hard sometimes but worth it if you can be positive. Although I think a "pity party" involving ice cream every once in a while is ok too.

Becca said...

Can I just tellyou that Mason asks to watch the video of the idol singing everyday. Mason and Brooke sit and watch it over and over. So thanks for helping me get the dishes done!

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm so glad that my post meant something to someone besides myself! :) It's amazing how easy it is to forget how much better things can be if we just look at them in a positive way. :)

I've SO enjoyed our interaction through blogging lately!