Monday, October 4, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude

First of all, can I just say I Love. Love. Love our dear sweet prophet. After listening to his amazing talk, I reflected. Lately, my thoughts and attitude have been something like this:

"I really want to lose weight."

"I would love to get a car that would fit our family better. One that I wouldn't have to SLAM the car seats together to get the doors to shut."

"I really wish my kids would just get along. I wish they would obey."

My attitude has definitely been one of being ungrateful, selfish, and greedy. I now have really, I mean REALLY reflected on the things in my life. I know think things like:

"I am so blessed to have a body healthy enough to exercise. I don't have cancer, or some other debilitating disease that keeps me from being active. I feel good."

"I am lucky to have a car that is reliable, paid for, and gets really good gas mileage."

"I am so, so thankful to have my 3 beautiful children, that for 6 years I prayed and prayed for. No, they are not perfect, but they are MINE."

It has only been 1 day since I heard this powerful message that felt like it was directed to me, and me alone. I can already feel a great change in my attitude. I am happy. I am thankful. I hope I can remember this for a long, long time.

3 comments:

Nickie said...

I totally agree. It was a great conference and a wonderful message.

Debbie said...

I agree. It was a wonderful talk!

I loved what you said about being thankful for your children. I hadn't realized how long you waited and prayed for them. We had a similar experience :-)

Claremont First Ward said...

And I'm grateful for you. For sharing with me the message in what it means to you.......and that's powerful. THANK YOU>