Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hiking the "Y"

Last conference weekend we decided to make a memory. Our family had never hiked the Y mountain, and we live so close. The weather was perfect. We packed a backpack with water and snacks, and not knowing what to expect, or if all, or none of the kids would make it all the way...we set for the top!



Ava was a little "trooper" never complaining about the hike... These two, on the other hand, would ask the common question of "how much longer???"

Ava and her "special" daddy




Taking a break...

We are here!!
All of us!!!
What an amazing view of the city!

The Temple


I was so proud of them all. It was not an easy hike, and they all did it! It has become my favorite type of exercise. I have hiked it 2-3 times a week since:)





5 comments:

Regina Lara said...

hiking the y is a very good exercise... I was so excited to see that you had blogged! YAY! I love seeing all your family adventures...

Unknown said...

oh candice i miss you! i am coming in june.. can we play?

Debbie said...

I've missed your updates. Reading about your hike makes me want to try this when we come to visit this summer!

We love Disney too and have been often. Isn't it the greatest place on earth? You have such a cute family and do so many fun things!

Wendy said...

What a great idea to make it a family event. I am so proud of Ava for being a good sport--Did she fall asleep on the way home from the exhaustion? :) Last time I went up to the Y (years ago) there was a rattlesnake basking in the sun right on the Y. It freaked me out and havne't been back sense. LOL. But seeing your pictures makes me think it's time to reconsider. Thanks for sharing the moment. Your family is beautiful. Love ya!

The Grover Gang said...

Way to go Brungers!! Maybe we will have to try it with the kiddos soon!