Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Meet Marshmallow

I have an amazing lady who lives next door. Every year she travels to Africa to help the mothers and children there. Her bunnies had babies, and Lexi really, I mean REALLY wanted one. (In case you didn't know, this mamma is a NO pet mamma) Don't like them. They are messy, and basically another child to take care of.
After this sweet neighbor informs me that she has promised my daughter one, she assures me that it is the best pet to start out with. Here are some of the reasons she gave me:
Their poop is small...great for the garden
You can go on vacation with no worries...just leave the food container full, and water bottle full.
They can stay outside all winter (this is a big one for me, since I have a hard time with pets in the house)
Didn't seem so bad. She told Lexi she had to EARN her bunny by doing chores around the house, and the money she earned would go to Africa to help a child go to school.


I have to admit....it was a great idea. Lexi was eager to help around the house, and was even more excited to give the money she had earned to our sweet neighbor. This amazing lady taught my daughter a lot! We love her, and our new bunny! (and just may consider a dog someday)





The whole family is in LOVE, and Lexi has learned a great deal about responsibility. (It is HER bunny)

1 comment:

Chubz said...

That's a perfect name!