Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Jaker's Pumkin Patch

We brought them home and washed them off before putting them on the front porch.






If you look at Jordan's hair, you might be able to tell how windy it was!!!


So we finally made it to the pumkin patch on the most windy and cold day of the week. I promised them last Monday we could go and pick out our pumkins after school. However, they both came home from school fighting. They wouldn't stop and so they both were told we were not going to the pumkin patch and to go to their rooms for 10 minutes. (Our new rule. Since they have found great fun in fighting with one another, the rule is: on the first offense, 10 minutes in your rooms. Second offense, 20 minutes, then 40 minutes you get the picture. Luckily, it has been working and they have only spent 20 minutes in their rooms) So, the 10 minutes are up and Lexi comes out of her room and says, "So now can we go to the pumkin patch?" I told her no, because they were fighting and lost the privledge to go today, maybe tomorrow. She then said, "But mom, you always lie and tell us no, and then let us do stuff anyway!" That was it, Monday was actually a better day for me to go, and the weather was great, but after that comment, I was setting my ground. We would go Tuesday if they were good. This was followed by thrashing, screaming, and whailing!!! So, Tuesday after school, they were both good and remembered where we were going. Unfortunately, the wind was terrible. Oh well, we got the dang pumkins!!!












Ava picked her pumkin















The Maze







4 comments:

Becca said...

Candice-
I love the new posts! Good for you sticking to your guns about the pumpkin patch. We have just started "sassy sauce" for talking back. It has been quite effective I must say.. SO I hope we run into eachother at work one of these days...

Steffanie said...

wow! you've been busy. I can't wait for the day that we have to start saying "no" :0)

Jade said...

candace!! this is the only way i ever see you is on your blog! hey i am putting my private so send me your email to jadeyladie@gmail.com Thanks!!

Regina Lara said...

I Freaking miss working with you...and I checked the schedule and we never work together....NEVER!!! that needs to change! oh and your blog is adorable